Saturday, April 10, 2010

Proscuitto, silverbeet and ricotta frittata



Ingredients

5 eggs



1 baby brown onion (I love these in the box this week. They are so fresh and sweet. They don't make your eyes weep and don't need pre-cooking)
1-2 cloves chopped garlic
1 stalk silverbeet leaves shredded
100g ricotta
2 slices proscuitto chopped
Salt to taste

Beat eggs together. Add all other ingredients. Pour into a greased oven-proof pan (I used butter). Pop into a medium oven for 15mins.


Ours was in for a little too long. But, the golden colour is gorgeous.


Serve slices next to cos lettuce, baby tomatoes with a little olive oil and balsamic dressing.

3 comments:

  1. Love the blog!

    I was wondering if the baby onions in my box were shallots or just smaller than average onions. The way you describe the flavour and no need to precook makes me think they are probably the preferable (and somewhat expensive) shallot. Score!

    Can't wait to see what you cook up next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment! :) I think you might be right about the onion/shallot. I'll have to ask Food Connect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've proper selected to build a blog, which I hold been deficient to do for a during. Acknowledges for this inform, it's really serviceable! photography

    ReplyDelete