We got a vanilla pod in our box last week! How decadent and perfect for chilly nights! Morgan has been taking such good care of me, he's the genius behind this dish. I'm just the blogger and appreciative eater! :)
This recipe is a mixture of old-Amish and croissants!
2 cups Barambah organic milk (we used skim)
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 old croissants, torn into small pieces (about the size of a grape)
1. In medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk just until film forms over top. Combine butter and milk, stirring until butter is melted. Cool to lukewarm.
2. Combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add milk mixture.
3. Place bread in a lightly greased dish
4. Pour batter on top of bread.
5. Bake at 180 degrees C for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
Bread Pudding Sauce
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 vanilla pod (seeds scraped)1 Tbsp. flour
dash of salt
Mix everything together and bring to a boil for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside for 5 minutes, then pour on warm bread pudding.
This dish is so delicious that I ate it for dessert and then ate some again for breakfast. It is possibly the most amazing comfort food ever!